The easiest way to copy contacts from a feature phone to the cloud/web is by using the contact transfer web wizard. You will find the web wizard by pressing “Transfer Contacts” on our website www.mycontacts-app.com. You will be asked to log in when clicking on “Transfer Contacts”. Log in if you have a Connect account. If you don’t have a Connect account, then simply press on “Sign up” to register a Connect account.
Follow the steps below to copy your contacts from your feature phone to the cloud/web.
- Choose your old and new phone. If you are unsure what phone model you have, then you can use our phone database to find your phone using pictures.
- Enter your phone number. If your old and new phone have different phone numbers, then type in both phone numbers in the fields for new and old phone number. If you only have one phone number then only use the field for current phone number.
- You will receive a PIN code that is sent as an SMS. You need to enter this PIN code in the required filed. Note that if you have entered old and new phone in the previous step, then you will receive two different PIN codes that are sent to your new and old phone number. Enter these two PIN codes in their respective fields.
- You will now receive a new SMS on your old phone. This SMS contains the setting needed for your phone to be able to copy your contacts from the feature phone to the cloud/web. The settings that are sent to you are unique for the phone model you have entered previously. Open this SMS and save it. When you press “save”, you will be asked to enter a code. The code you need to enter is displayed in the contact transfer web wizard.
- What to do instructions will be displayed on the contact transfer web wizard. The instructions that are displayed are unique for the phone model you have entered previously. Follow these instructions step-by-step to copy your contacts to your phone. Note that it is important that your phone has a connection to the Internet to be able to copy the contacts to your phone. Your contacts are copied to your phone when you get a pop up saying that the copy has been successful.
- You will get a confirmation on the website that the transfer of contacts has been completed and that your contacts now are safely stored in the cloud/web. You will now be asked if you want to transfer your contacts to a new phone and if you have your new phone ready. Press “No” when you get this question to quit because you do not need to copy your contacts to a new phone. Note that you will be able to see and edit your contacts by pressing “Log in” on mycontacts-app.com. Please keep in mind that you need to log in to the web using the same Connect account you used to copy your contacts.